Sunday, March 1, 2015

Our first post!

Hello everyone and welcome to We The Trilogy. We are really excited to start this and hopes you enjoy our blog. We decided to start our first post (and day) with a small Q+A. We all asked 2 questions related to books and answered them! Hope you enjoyed and let us know an answer to one of our questions in the comments. Let's get to the post!

Kaitlin: What got you into reading, like hardcore?
Rin: It was surprising actually, because there was a small time in my life when I didn’t like reading. Though when I was in first grade, I started reading the Magic Tree House series and almost automatically fell in love with the universe and non-reality that a book contains.

Arenite: Ohhh, tough question. It was probably the Junie B. Jones series. I mean I fell in love and since then, the interest sparked within me. I remember that going to the library was like going to Disneyland. It still is.

Kaitlin: That would have to be Hunger Games and Harry Potter. I read Hunger Games when the movie was about to come out and then after that I started read Harry Potter. After that I got really addicted with books and read a few middle grade novels like Canterwood Crest, then I got more into young adult novels.

Kaitlin: How would you describe your reading style? Do you zoom through every book there is or do you like to take things slowly?
Rin: I don’t always just zip through a book. It depends on the free time that I have and how much I love the book I am reading.

Arenite: If its a boring book, I will zip through it. If I love the book, I will savour the book as much as I can, dreading the time I will be done with it.

Kaitlin: I am a person that reads as much as I can. Like I try to prioritize other things first then reading but on occasions I will read more than anything else I do. So you can say I am a slow and fast reader.

Rin: How would you react to the death of a special character in a book?
Rin: It’s horrible. First I go through denial, because now I’m hoping that something magical happens and that person is actually still alive. The worst scenario I’ve ever had with this is that I would walk up and down the stairs feeling horrible and then stick the book under my pillow and not look at it for a week.

Arenite: Cry until there is no fluid left in my body, curse a lot, and then continue to read the book.

Kaitlin: Like Rin, I got through a state of denial. Then I sit where ever read the death and keep rereading the death part still denying what happened. Then I go into a state or mourn which may result in tears or just complete misery. Then after the tears and misery have gone I write my review and go through the stages of depression again.

Rin: In all honesty, do you look at the cover of a book and think “This cover is beautiful, I’ll read the synopsis of this one?” How do you pick the next book to read?
Rin: I hate to admit it, but yes, I do this more times than I can count. There is just something about beautiful covers that get to me. They look more compelling and give me an insight on what the story may be about. I basically just scroll through blog posts and Barnes and Noble’s new release section hehe.

Arenite: YES!! (Don’t kill me please!!) Beautiful covers attract me to read the synopsis. Another way I decide what to read next is to look into what my friends/family are reading at the moment.

Kaitlin: I judge a book by it’s cover and I am not ashamed to admit that. Part of publishing is marketing and covers are, in my opinion, part of marketing. If the cover doesn’t catch my eye among other books then the cover just doesn’t interest me like. Sometimes I will look at books from the spine or title, but most of the time it’s the cover. 

Arenite: Do you think that you can become a successful YA author?
Rin: Um, no idea. It takes me forever to write something. Though, I am trying really hard right now to write my own story. I would not take up writing as a career, I see it mostly as something I would do for fun.

Arenite: Maybe. Considering the fact that I have been through many different scenarios that I feel would make a great book and that teens would love to read about. But, I might get stuck on the writing and revising part, other than that, I have a lot of imagination. But then again, I have no experience whatsoever writing a book.

Kaitlin: Hahaha, you’re funny. No just kidding. I’m currently trying so hard to write a book but it is the hardest thing ever to not get lazy with it and just not write. I wouldn't mind being an author but for now, I think I’m going to stick with just reading. Plus, I get tons of ideas but they don't sound very good when I turn them into stories.

Arenite: What was the saddest experience you have had while reading a book?
Rin: This usually happens when I read about a certain abuse. Either it’s physical, mental, or emotional pain it still hurts a lot. The lack of feelings and love also really get to me.

Arenite: When I was reading the Mara Dyer series. I was an emotional wreck because of the relationship Mara had with her brother and Noah. I remember that my eyes were watery, constantly, when I read this book. I wished that I had that kind of relationship with my brother and a guy like Noah. This book was an emotional rollercoaster.

Kaitlin: I have multiple books for this one. It would either be Allegiant, If I Stay, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Shadow and Bone, and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. They all just got me so bad and sometimes it was because of deaths and sometimes it was just for the endings of the book. Maybe it was for specific parts of the books.

Hope you guys enjoyed!
Rin
Arenite
Kaitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment